Membership for Children
Tooth decay has become by far the biggest cause of hospital admissions for primary school children and almost 26,000 children in England aged between 5 and 9 have been hospitalised to have multiple tooth extractions in 2013-14 — the equivalent of nearly 500 a week. (Research quoted in an article in The Sunday Times, 13 July 2014.)
At Oak Lodge we are all very aware that this level of poor oral health can in fact also impact a child's general health for life.
We strongly believe this situation is completely unacceptable and, as a result, we have developed The Acorn Club, which is specifically designed to give children aged 0-18 access to the highest possible quality dental care for little or no cost.
What is does membership include?
- 3x check-ups with a dentist per year
- 1x hygienist appointment per year
- Worldwide dental emergency insurance*
- 50% off fees for any necessary treatment
The plan is split into four categories as shown in the table below:
What does the dental emergency insurance include?
- Out of hours emergency dental treatment at Oak Lodge
- Worldwide dental emergency cover when you are away from home
- Access to a 24hr helpline number
*Please note that we do not take routine x-rays before the age of 16. Under this age x-rays are only taken when clinically necessary.
**Insurance not applicable for Acorns attending free of charge. Full insurance details available on request.
Why choose the Acorn Club?
As a member of the Acorn Club your child is guaranteed the best possible dental care, at an affordable price. Our philosophy is simple:
- PREVENTION: we focus on preventative and educational dental care specifically for children
- QUALITY: the plan offers 50% off fees for high quality dental treatment when it is needed
- AFFORDABILITY: we are passionate about supporting children’s oral health, so all our plans are affordable
- REGULAR CHECKS: 3 dental check-ups plus 1 hygienist visit are included
- EMERGENCY COVER: accidents do happen and dental emergency cover is included (excluding Acorns)
- FUN: we take the time to talk to your child and teach them how to look after their teeth and gums. We want trips to the dentist to be free of fear and full of fun.
- ENGAGEMENT: we are in this for the long term, from birth to 18 and beyond. We will engage Acorn Club members with a wide range of toys, fun things to do, activity packs and ongoing competitions.
How to join the Acorn Club
If you would like to find out more or would like your child to become a member please just call into the Practice anytime or telephone us on 01428 723179 and our friendly and helpful reception team will be delighted to help you.
Terms and Conditions
Membership of the Acorn Club is dependent on at least one related adult joining the practice as a regularly attending patient. Please contact us to find out more about plans and options for adults.
In addition, you can find out more about our dental emergency insurance including terms and conditions here.